Posted on | January 27, 2010 |
Progress has been made! The platform or “elevated room” that I’ve been trying to explain to everyone (unsuccessfully) is almost complete. Just to give you a little background here, I’ve been renovating my tiny apartment and trying to be as eco-conscious about it as possible. That being said, I was really at a loss for where to source a custom platform like the one that I wanted for less than $500 without having to resort to Ikea.
Long story short, I ended up going to Ikea. LOL. Although there were quite a few replies to my Facebook poll about whether or not Ikea is green, I still think they’re trying harder than others and was willing to buy some of my stuff there as long as I made sure the vast majority of my furniture was either secondhand or that I just didn’t buy any more furniture in general (I already have an old dresser and dining table as well as some chairs I fished out of the dumpster at Stony Brook before I graduated). Anyhoo, read on for more pics and to see how I made the platform.
Okay, I lied. I don’t actually have time to write about what the deets of the platform are right now, but I will fill them in soon. Don’t be angry with me!